Posted onJanuary 17, 2017 by email@example.com
New Year Resolutions and How to Stay on Track
Happy 2017! Lots of people wrap up December with goals and resolutions for the year to come. Weight loss, fitness, and health related goals generally top the list and many resolutions are out the window by the end of January. If this sounds like you, here are some tips to help you stay on track:
- Ditch the all or nothing approach. Ever heard Rome wasn’t built in a day? Neither is a healthy body.
- Move more! That’s right. Move that body…preferably here with us and on a pole, but whatever your movement of choice is make sure you love it. There truly is nothing worse than dreading a workout. If you love your workout then chances are you are going to stick with it!
- Water, Water, Water! Nothing like good old water to banish the bloat. Try to consume half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you are a 150 lbs. you should be consuming a minimum of 75 ounces per day.
- Eat more greens! I know this is a tough one to swallow, but green vegetables are the foods most missing in modern diets. You can consume more greens by making a salad one of your meals or having a green smoothie for breakfast. Better yet…try to do both!
- Meal Plan. There is a saying “Fail to plan, plan to fail.” And it’s one of my favorites…think about it. How many times have you come home from work and have nothing planned for dinner? You are starving and it just seems easier to head to the drive thru or order something. Meal planning is key and we will provide some additional tips in the weeks to come!
Here at Aradia Fitness, we want to do more than teach you to dance, build your strength and teach you really cool tricks. We want to improve your health from the inside out so we are going to start sharing our favorite tips and tricks throughout the year. We hope you love it!
See you at the studio!
Need more assistance with your diet and workouts? Ryan offers personalized assistance to help you meet your goals! Contact NOVA@ARADIAFITNESS.COM for more info.